- The Award will run from
Sunday 24th September till Thursday 28th September 2017 Inclusive
It is available to all Amateurs and short wave Listeners.
This year commemorates Branch 27 90th year celebration
- Contacts may be made on any band, any mode. Each station may be worked ONCE ONLY for each separate application for the Award.Compulsory contact with Special Station ZL6RFA 5 points
(We are retaining our call sign from our previous Rhododendron Festival award )
Contact with Taranaki Club Stations
- New Plymouth Branch 27 ZL2AB 3 points
- Waitara Branch 47 ZL2TO 3 points
- South Taranaki Branch 87 ZL2QF 3 points
- Inglewood Branch 19 ZL2PT 3 points
- Hawera Branch 14 ZL2HWA 3 points
- Opunake Branch 32 ZL2ANN 3 points
Each additional Taranaki station (A Station whose base is in Taranaki) 1 point
Copy of log and fee of $5.00 to arrive before the 15th November
Total Points needed for award 25 points
The Award Custodian
New Plymouth amateur radio club
45 Robe Street
New Plymouth 4310
- Logs must be signed and include full name, call sign,address of operator, and show final score (points claimed) The senders email address in the message header will count as a signature.
- Logs must be legible. No logs will be returned.
- Electronic logs may be in cabrillo,spreadsheet (.xls, numeric .ods), document (.odt .doc .docx) or ADIF
- Decision of the contest manager will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Log to include:
DATE TIME BAND MODE CALL SIGN Sig report (HF) Name QTH Points
A summary page should be prepared showing:
Name, Call sign, Points claimed for each certificate if multi band or multi mode and payment value stated
Payments can be made to TSB account: 153942 0001086 00
Please add your Call sign & T Award as a reference
Please make cheques out to New Plymouth Amateur Radio Club
Fee including return Postage
Certificate $5.00 each
Overseas station requires only 6 points and DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE the COMPULSORY CONTACT.
Overseas award application Fee US $6.00 or fair equivalent NO IRC or STAMPS PLEASE
The Award Certificate will be a Print of painting of Mt Taranaki/ Egmont
(New Print each year)
Taranaki stations will be available each day on National System and local repeaters, and will try and come up when possible. Good time around 7pm
Taranaki Award Net – 3.660 MHZ +/- 8 pm each evening
The ZL Awards Net – 3.677 MHz from 9 pm each evening
In Conjunction with the Taranaki Award we will be running the Dan Wilkinson Memorial Contest
DAN WILKINSON MEMORIAL CONTEST
- Certificates will be awarded in two categories for 1st, 2nd and 3rd The categories are:
a. Taranaki stations
b. Those outside the region.
- The Wooden Trophy to be awarded to the outside the Taranaki region station who has the most contacts with Taranaki stations. The Taranaki station contacted can only be used for scoring once, regardless of what bands they are contacted on. The Trophy is to be held by winner for 12 months.
- The Dan Wilkinson Memorial Stone Trophy will be engraved with the Taranaki station with the most points. However because of the size and weight of the Trophy it will remain in the club rooms of Branch 27
Dan Wilkinson was the original holder of the call ZL2AB